FAQ - How Does Freight (LTL) Shipping Work?
Due to the COVID-19 Outbreak: at this time we are only shipping Standard Delivery:
Delivery will be to the first “dry place” at your residence (up to the garage, front porch, or front door). This option does not include debris removal or any unpacking.
If your order with us has shipped via a Less-Than-Truckload (LTL) Freight, the freight carrier will contact you by phone to set up a delivery appointment once the freight has arrived at the destination terminal. Please make sure that you have provided a valid phone number for them to reach you.
If it has been over 2 weeks since your order has shipped out and you have not heard from the freight carrier, please contact us for assistance at (800) 651-8835 with your order information.
Please note the following Terms and Conditions for Freight Delivery Services:
- Delivery WILL NOT be attempted without a delivery appointment
- The Freight Carrier will only make 3 attempts to contact you before they will reach out to SecureIt for assistance.
- If SecureIt can’t reach you then it is possible the shipment will accrue storage charges if delayed delivery extends over 14 days.
- There will need to be someone at home who is over 18 years of age available to inspect, accept and sign for your pallet(s) of product(s).
- These pallets are usually very heavy and will be delivered on a truck that has a lift gate. The freight carrier will not leave them without a signature, and we want you to inspect the items first.
- Delivery Acceptance:
- If there is major damage to the packaging, you have the right to refuse the entire shipment.
- If there is minor damage to the packaging, you have the right to check the contents for damage before signing the Bill of Lading.
- If the product is damaged, you have the right to refuse the entire shipment.
- If you’re not sure about all the contents, or you don’t see anything obvious you should sign the Bill of Lading as: Possible Concealed Damage.